Sunday, April 6, 2014

Money Slaver



In an effort to make money my slave (or stick to a budget) I've been looking for ways to simplify some everyday routines at home. For instance, I love the convenience of using makeup remover wipes to wash my face before bed, however the cost does not justify the convenience. Enter One Good Thing. This is a wonderful blog where I found a homemade recipe for makeup removing wipes. I plan to make these tonight and report back with the results.
Next question: Does my hair really need all of those products and that shampoo with so many ingredients that I can't pronounce? According to The Paleo Mom I just may need a little baking soda and some lemon juice instead of shampoo & conditioner. Will I try it? Why not? Talk about items that I can use elsewhere if I'm not happy with my locks. Not only that, The Paleo Mom says that she uses just plain water on most days to 'wash' her hair and that this routine isn't recommended for anyone who uses gels or mousse or other products. Cha-ching! That's even more money saved.
So, since it is Spring Break this week (meaning I probably won't run into very many people that I know - suddenly I can hear the song "Your So Vain" playing in the background) I'm going to give this healthy shampoo a try. Again, with the intent to report the results right here.
Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment