Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained


I'm finally reporting back on my money-slaving experiments!

First, home made shampoo is not my friend. As much as I want it to be, we just don't get along. I'm really not sure if it's just my fine, wavy, color-treated hair or simply my preference. In any event, I tried it and I didn't like it.  We will call that money-slaver an epic fail and move on to homemade makeup remover wipes.

Now, have you ever tried to cut a roll of paper towels in half? My photo above shows my personal challenge and the outcome. This is after using a high quality bread knife (not so sure of it's quality after this experiment). Please don't tell my husband, he's kind of a cooking knife freak, for lack of a better term.  Any-who, I completed that portion of the challenge and realized I couldn't turn back now. I placed one of the halves of paper towel in a rectangular container and added 4 cups of warm water mixed with some coconut oil, tea tree oil (to prevent mold), a small amount of facial cleanser, and a couple drops of essential oils that I had on hand.  My only complaint right now is that 4 cups of water is too much for the roll I'm using. Other than that, my face feels GREAT after I use them!

Finally, since my shampoo idea didn't work out for me, I decided to make my own toothpaste.  You can search 'home made toothpaste recipes' and find the one you like the most. I used baking powder, coconut oil, peppermint oil, and some vegetable glycerin.  Honestly, I love the way my teeth feel after using this stuff, so I will continue to make it.  I just store it in a tiny plastic container (shown in photo).

If you knew me, you would know that this was quite the effort on my part :)  Meaning, I'm kinda proud of myself LOL!

Have you ever tried any home made money slaving ideas?  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment