Saturday, July 25, 2015

Yellow Frog

Meet Yellow Frog...
Isn't she pretty?  Well, okay, maybe not to you, but hear me out.  Yellow Frog belonged to my sweet Grandma ("Gramma-Jo") who passed away in March.  Gramma-Jo collected frogs. Actually, Gramma-Jo collected a LOT of things over her 99 years, but towards the end of her life on this earth, frogs became special to her.

Why frogs? Someone told Gramma that FROG stands for Fully Rely On God.  That was it...on to the collecting.  Want to know where my thrifting gene comes from? That's right - Gramma-Jo.  Back in the day, we could scour a Goodwill shop for hours. And guess who found some type of frog (be it ceramic, or a shirt or even pajamas) 100% of the time? I don't think I have to answer that...

Anywho, I have decided that it's necessary to keep Yellow Frog around for many reasons:

1. Yellow is my favorite color.  Yes - it's Gramma's favorite, too.  That used to excite me so much when I was a little girl! We liked so many of the same things and it gave me such a special bond to that sweetheart.

2. I want to be reminded to Fully Rely On God - like, always - and like, fully fully.  You see, this frog represents a spiritual icon to me.  Gramma had such a joy and a love for God, and I am certain that her love and prayers are the reason for my own joy in my faith today.  She was just cool like that.

And finally...

3. She's stinkin' adorable - just like Gramma!

So, yeah, she's a keeper.

What do you have that reminds you of someone special?

No comments:

Post a Comment